View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 01:51 PM   #129
MIJB#19
Coordinator

General Manager Notes: The inevitable happened, yes, we traded
Would any IHOF draft be complete without a Merchantmen trade? Well, I don't think so either.

So, we decided to wait no longer at the #45 overall spot and instead move up from the #55 to the #22 spot (swapping our 2084 first round pick for the Bordeaux Vineyards 2084 second round pick as compensation), to grab the best safety of this class: Bart Guthrie.

Of the seven safeties interviewed by our defensive coordinator J.J. Wolfe, Gutrie was the only one that left good impression. A triplet of mid-high graded guys were underwhelming and a couple of late round prospects got tagged "as scouted". Guthrie though, was considered to be underrated and thus a worthy pick. Perhaps more of a high second round pick, but I think we had to make a move at this position at some point. I'm still considering to look for a veteran to play on his side...

Besides that, we're in our usual waiting game stage of free agency. Not seeing any particular players that are a major upgrade, especially at any need positions. We're renegotiating with a bunch of players, already having moved from projected $40M over the cap after draft picks to being $40M under the cap, not accounting for draft picks. Our linebackers Craig McCorkle and Glenn Brewer signed the richest deals, but we've also talked Ellis McAlister into signing a contract that keeps him happy and still far from paying him top5 quarterback money. Because, face it, he's good, playoffs caliber, but not a game changer.

Anyway, "success phase", remember?
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote