View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 10:04 AM   #146
MIJB#19
Coordinator

General Manager Notes: Rant, rant, rant!
The 2083 season is shaping up to be a major disappointment. Not just a season where we're barely missing out, losing in overtime of on a last minute touchdown after being up by 4 points. No, we're getting crushed left and right, all over the old and new continent.

Yes, Ellis McAlister has a problem with throwing interceptions. Yes, we're trying too hard to throw it to Theodore Bondy. But that doesn't explain how discouraging the defense's performances have been. We can't stop the run, we can't stop the pass. Despite the likes of Heath Oliver, Craig McCorkle, Glen Stiegler, Gino Kemp, Andy Russell, Kirk Hitchcock, Bart Guthrie, Tre Poloski and Glenn Bower all on this unit. Indeed, in theory perhaps the best defense in the entire league.

Is there light at the end of this tunnel? Theoretically we're still in the hunt, At 9-7 we could, potentially, possibly, perhaps, maybe, somehow sneak into the playoffs. We'll have to keep winning as well, if only to keep the Bordeaux Vineyards from getting a top10 pick from us. At the same time, they've close to clinched the top pick in the second round for us with their sensationally bad performance.

I'm trying to change the negative flow towards staying positive, but with the current lack of results, it's been quite hard. Heath Oliver has apparently made so much progress, our staff scouts him as fully developed and as such in the realm of guys like Theodore Bondy, Kirk Hitchcock and Craig McCorkle. Bart Guthrie is coming along well too, but his progress is slower, mostly because he had more ground to gain. It'll be tough to keep a deep roster like this together, cap space will be an issue 2 seasons from now. 2084 should be fine, I suppose that will be our season to get things done.

2083 though... I fear it's all over. Despite being mathematically still in the race. Let's work on our game plan and get the results of it next season at the very least.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote