View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 08:00 AM   #237
MIJB#19
Coordinator

General Manager Notes: What about that new OC?
Oh yeah, it's almost time.

Later today the post draft free agency will end and it means we'll have to prepare our training camp. Most specifically, we'll have to act fast on a drawing a new offensive game plan. As our offensive coordinator retired, we had to hire a new one. Reuben Bidwell is the name and play calling is his thing. Surprisingly he's 58 but has only 8 seasons of experience in the IHOF. He's been an offensive coordinator before, with stints in Frederick and Hanalei. In between, he was head coach of Outer Banks. Sadly, he isn't quarterback oriented, which would have been nice to see him help develop our recent first round pick a bit faster. More importantly, his style is a "spread offense". Why does that matter? Well, we built a game plan a couple of seasons ago completely suited towards our then OC Muchnick. We'll have to do it once again.

For the life of me, I've got no frickin' clue what the difference is between a "balanced" and a "spread" offense. Nor should I, that's what we have that offensive coordinator for, no? It's clearly time for a Solecismic crash course on offensive game planning.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote