View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 07:15 PM   #1370
QuikSand
lolzcat

...this is going to be a rather tight budget year, that much is clear already. not sure whether that means I need to "get a lot from our rookie class" or "get the F out of the rookie class" but we're gonna be pinched. WR Behne is asking for a Brinks truck, oddly enough, after the years our two wideouts had, respectively, that's amusing. (Might reflect on my usage choices, as well)

Anyway, that $140m in cap space is mostly spoken for, I'll just say that much right now. K Thomas picked the wrong year to be sitting out there as a $20m free agent, I fear. LB Sorota... doubly so, for his $30m request.

Okay, LB is going to be tricky. Crawford (9th, 48/48) is good enough and has endurance to take a full time load. He won't extend cheaply, but we have him for this year - he's fine. Duran (5th, 39/39) a lesser player but mainly the same, a decent OLB starter. Lang (2nd, 38/49) is ready for a larger role and could play anywhere. These three are the only guys we have signed, and the other two from last year's roster both want to get paid more than I expect to be able to handle. Could get rather tricky, will be on the lookout for a cheap guy via FA or trade.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote