View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #171
Thomkal
Head Coach

*sigh* It is days like this that makes me wonder why I am not back in my magic shop, safe and sound. Instead I find myself in a vermin infested dungeon searching for some kind of glory. Not the best decision I've made in my life to this point. I went to the right from my entrance room, hoping to meet up with one of the many adventurers that joined me on this fool's quest.

The room seemed empty of all features at first except for the door leading back to that strange bath plus another door forward and another to the left. Suddenly I begin to hear a loud, almost manic, squeaking noise coming from seemingly behind the wall without a door. It was then I spotted a smallish hole, small enough to not allow any adventurer entrance, but big enough to allow one of the most dreaded of all creatures in this dungeon entry into the room-yes it was the rabid cave weasel!

I had no choice but to fight, the beast was on me in a flash in its maddended state. The fight that took place was surely not one that will be told in tales of future bravado in taverns across the realms. I clumsily attacked with my barely trained staff and missed of course. The vermin did not miss however, and I could feel whatever vile toxins that was in its mouth course through my body red hot as it bit my arm.

That seemed to improve my accuracy, or perhaps it was the fear of imminient death. I struck and hit for the first time, and the weasel tried to rake me with its dirty claws. But I felt it hit the spell-created armor I had fortutiously cast this morning. The combat continued with us both missing and then us both hitting. Finally I was able to get the upperhand and smashed my staff down hard on its skull, crushing it and ending its life.

After I had attended to my wounds, I could see something leather like sticking out of the hole. Wary of another weasel, I gingerly used my staff to pull it out of the hole. I had found a pouch, with something or things rather tinkling against each other. I reached in and pulled out a few gold coins. Perhaps enough to buy a cure poison and/or healing potion from the Djinni when they arrive tomorrow? For the weasel's poison still fouls my blood, making it harder to me to hit should I have to engage in combat again and no doubt make it easier for whatever dungeon denizen I encounter to hit me. But its quite better than being dead.

I wonder if that strange bath I found upon my arrival here might be of some help to me? At the very least I can clean the blood and the remainder of the weasel's fluids off my body.

Ugh not exactly the kind of start I was hoping for.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote