View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 06:47 PM   #4
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
I think Steve's team, the Trojans, may end up using some Wing-T. I hope we have the horses to stop it in our scrimmage next week.

At least running DW you will be familiar with the blocking schemes on the Wing-T staples, trap, sweep, boot, belly, etc. How are you having your Linebackers key it? I imagine it would be extremely hard to teach your inside backers to key guards at this age level. Your outside guys could probably learn the near back Wing-T keys though.

The program scrimmage went well last night, better than I had expected in fact. Our #1 Offense and #1 Defense went against the #2 JV Defense and #1 JV Offense and we tied them 7-7 (This is a first as the Frosh usually lose 14-0, 21-0 most years) Our 2's and 3's went against each other and did some good things. I have some other things to do, but I will finish the Defensive preview and touch more on the scrimmage tomorrow.

One other high note is we probably had close to 1000 people out for the scrimmage/barbeque and 170 kids suited up between all levels of the program. Really great to see program continuing to grow each year and the community support has been excellent!!!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote