View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 12:51 AM   #46
BYU 14
Coordinator

Well the defensive changes worked well tonight and the kids ran to the ball extremely well. We were probably better prepared for this game than any thus far and with the kids off this week we brought them in early to watch film of Sunrise from earlier in the year one more time.

The good
  • Westview 31 Sunrise Mountain 0
  • Our kicker nailed a 34 yard FG (First I have ever even tried at the freshmen level)
  • Defense only gave up 4 first downs all night.
  • We did not punt for the second game in a row (still only 3 all year)
The bad
Not much at this point without watching film. All but I think 4 or 5 kids got into the game and it was a solid team effort.

The ugly
  • Two long touchdowns called back for blocks in the back (One was 25 yards behind the play )
  • 3 first half turnovers which is all that stopped our offense (two came inside their 20) as we lead 15 - 0 at the half.
The penalties really stick in my craw as we can't afford to do that on a weekly basis. Luckily the Defense was lights out tonight and they didn't come back to haunt us. Dylan U really took to the move to Sam, he looks so much more comfortable and aggressive playing in space. Also Joseph K had a very solid game after moving inside to Will. The secondary stayed on top of everything all night and were pretty much always in the right spot. I will post stats and any further thoughts after watching the film tomorrow as the Freshmen Knights move to 4-1-1.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 10-08-2008 at 10:58 AM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote