View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 09:42 AM   #362
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin, post 226
The wolves wouldn't have known that DT was Jack - in their eyes, he would have been just another villager (with a small chance of being Jack).

I, among others, pointed this out like a page before.

Quote:
saldana would be an obvious candidate for today's vote, but I'm not sure what we gain with a lynch here (as opposed to lynching A. N. Other) - don't think that The Jackal's late vote would give any indication of wolfishness (as it made things closer, but was far enough out from deadline for changes to happen). DT's vote was attempted self-preservation, and we've been told that he's now a villager, so no value in looking in that direction at this point.

Me and Pass (primarily) discussed the Saldana vote earlier in the day, and a few others chimed in, pretty much stating everything that's been covered here.

Quote:
The votes for the 'other' candidates all came fairly early (all before post 100) - don't know who was around and when (particularly as I'm not going to be online from at least 4 hours before deadline!) - don't know if this is particularly meaningful, as the votes hadn't coalesced by that point.

Wordy, ultimately meaningless paragraph.

Quote:
CR's vote for DT (third vote when no-one else had more than 1) looks a little strange to me - it was a case of needing to vote early, though, and I've been in that position plenty of times in the past, and those votes can look a bit strange by the time the deadline comes round.

I don't have any major suspicions about anyone at this point - will have look at recent posts, and post a vote shortly.

So after several paragraphs of regurgitating stuff we've already covered, he picks out someone, and then says the standard issue 'but I don't have any major suspicions'.

Let's analyze this. This entire post is a whole lotta fluff, and almost a complete regurgitation of stuff covered that same day by other people. He's offered little, if any new insight, but is trying to look helpful...and then casts a fairly damning vote on Packers (who already had 2 votes), now a known villager.

This screams wolf. Martin has been fairly quiet, and then chimes in with a moderately long, ultimately lacking post, followed by a vote on a (now) known villager who already had some votes on him.

This piqued my interest yesterday, but I elected to not mention anything about it, since 1) we were pretty well set on candidates already yesterday, and 2) I was moderately nervous I'd get night-killed if I tried to bring it up (under the assumption we wouldn't be able to move enough votes). So I waited till today.

Thus.

Vote MartinD
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote