View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 01:54 PM   #195
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Nah, I don't dislike the Beatles because they are almost universally cited as the best band in history (although I do get tired of hearing about it). I am just genuinely bored by their music. I don't like their style of music. I prefer pop metal, 80s rock, that sort of stuff. I much prefer Queen, Led Zeppelin, and The Eagles to The Beatles because their music fits into my wheelhouse much better. Different strokes for different folks.

FWIW, I think today's music is utter crap too.

The analogy I cite most often is that I am like a catfish. I know that I am a musical bottomfeeder, but I love it down here in the muck.

Well the thing to remember about the Beatles is, their accolades and admiration is well deserved and they have the music library to back it up. I'm with you with Queen, Led Zeppelin & The Eagles as far as liking their music. Like you say though, everyone has their tastes.

Most music today, just isn't very inspiring or very well thought out. I do give some props to the Black Keys though. I really like their music. But people like John Mayer and The Dave Mathews Band...ugh!!!

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote