View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 06:50 PM   #110
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I agree to get some people to mentor others. I get Adriano to mentor Joaquim Sousa, which should help, since our staff think that he is a similar type of player to Adriano. I have Daniel Candeais working with Jose Goncalves, and now I want to try Mexer and Hernani Costa, but Mexer isn’t old enough (25).

We have a shortlist of five potential feeder clubs. They are:

Fortuna Sittard – Jupiler League, Holland
Catanzaro – Serie C1/C, Italy
Foggia – Serie CI/C, Italy
U Cluj – 2nd Division in Romania.
Paganese, Serie C1, C, Italy

I actually like U Cluj first and Fortuna Sittard 2nd.

They are our new feeder team.

For our next match, we are traveling to newly promoted Portimonense. I will be starting Javi Espinosa today at the ML slot. We’ll begin our road game on the road. They get a DFK off the crossbar in the 6th minute and we are already down! Uh oh. Luckily for us, Defederico hits Rondon for a score in a few minutes later. Adriano drives hard for about 35 yards down the left side of the pitch to the box, then finds Espinosa, who passes to Rondon who shoots, the ball is blocked, but finds the rebound and puts it away in the 13th minute. Andrei Marc injures one of their players and they half to go off in the 24th. Their GK misses a pass after a GK and had come way out of the box. Marc finds the ball and heads it up long, Rondon runs under it and into the box, but is fouled by a desperate DC wanting to keep him from his hatrick in the 25th minute. So now he’s taking a PK instead. In. Daniel Candeais gets the ball, shoots, it rebounds off the left post and back into play right into Javi Espinosa’s legs, who puts it away and we are up 4-1 in the 31st minute. He scored in his debut for us! Rondon finds Candeais who finds Defederico for a goal in the 33rd minute. 5-1. These guys are nasty together. A long throw by Peratta after a major offensive jump starts a Daniel Candeais counter attack and he crosses to Adriano who scores in the 40th minute. Espinosa feeds Adriano on the wing who runs into the box and scores in extra time of the first half. 7-1 at the half. I don’t even think I know what to say on a half like this…don’t get complacent? Pull off the GK cause they won’t get 6 on shot targets in the next half? Candeais feeds Defederico who dribbles into the right corner, hoofs it to Rondon, who gets his 4th score in the 47th minute. At this rate, we might score 15 points. Two of their players, frustrated, just collected yellows. I’m still Standard in tactics – haven’t made any changes there. Desperate, they fire a long shot and its on target, 8-2 in the 50th minute. 1st sub – Sequeira for Aurelio. 2nd sub – Rodrigues for Marc. 3rd sub – Adriano out for J Sousa. Game. MOM is obviously Rondon.

This was Aurelio’s 125th game for us. This is the biggest for us in league play ever. It’s the most goals scored in the game in recent memory in the league. NINE of our players were selected in the Team of the Week. We had the GK, all 4 defenders, 3 middles, and a striker. Only Adriano and Marc were not included.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote