View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 06:50 PM   #27
Radii
Head Coach

i haven't given up on this yet, though I do get frustrated on occasion as these sliders give great results but that I sometimes don't seem to have the stick skills, or patience, or whatever... to hang with teams my level. But with no more 2k games coming out, I'm set on getting good at this one :P

I played a game last week that I didn't update for some reason, another close loss, 79-75 vs Winston Salem State.

January 28th, 2008

South Carolina State (7-13, 3-3 MEAC) at NC A&T (3-11, 1-5 MEAC)

Another team we're rated very similar to. 68 vs 67 OVR. Their coach is better, our offense is better, their rebounding is better.

Our team unity is up to 37, SC State's is 32. This may be the first game ever where my team unity is higher.

12:30 1st - We trail 14-11 as our subs come into the game. Rush has missed two wide open looks from 3 and I've missed a few FT's. I'm reasonably pleased with the defense so far.

5:45 1st - I'm extremely happy with the play of the reserves, we hung even with them and led for a short while, its 22-21 SC State right now though.

Halftime: 35-30 SC State. This is one of those games where Rush is just cold. I got him a couple more great looks and he isn't making his shots. If he's shooting like usual we're ahead. I'll need to get my big men going or keep Ewing as my main option if this keeps up.

12:30 2nd - A great run on our part ties the game up. Rush gets a couple early baskets before SC State pushes ahead to an 8 point lead, 44-36. A few inside baskets by Coleman, a great drive and dish giving Willis a dunk, and a midrange jumper by Rush give us an 8-0 run and its 44-44 as SC State calls a time out!

10:30 2nd - Thanks to 2 missed FTs by SC State and a couple buckets by Ewing and Hernandez(backup PG) we push ahead 48-44 before SC State finally ends our run at 12 straight points... 48-46,all our backups are in except Ewing is still in at SF(he has more endurance than most of our other starters).

5:15 2nd - After going up 50-46, SC State scores 5 straight, and its 51-50 SC State as our starters come back into the game for the stretch run.

4:50 - Rush drains a midrange jumper to give us the lead back.

3:45 - Its back and forth as SC State takes the lead again, 55-54, but Rush comes up huge for us, Coleman has a shot blocked inside, he pulls the loose ball out of the scrum and hits Rush for a wide open 3 to go up 57-55!

I get Ewing a couple shots that he can't make, and commit a stupid turnover and all of a sudden I'm giving another game away late, 61-57 with 45 seconds to go. SC State misses a shot and I get Rush an open jumper that he makes. 61-59 with 25 seconds left. We foul and they miss the front end of the 1-and-1. With 7.5 seconds left I get Coleman the ball inside, and he banks a shot off the backboard to tie it up!

SC State misses a shot at the buzzer and we're goign to OVERTIME.

3:00 OT - They score first, and I sit Rush for the first couple minutes to rest up. Ewing drains a 3 pointer to give us a 64-63 lead, and SC State throws away the inbounds pass. Our ball, and Rush is back in so our starters are out there for the duration now.

1:50 OT - They score to take the lead, but we beat their press for an easy bucket and go right back up, 66-65. SC State calls a time out.

We score again to go up by 3 points, but a 3 by SC State ties it up. After each team fails to score, we get the ball with the shot clock off. I hold it for the last shot but don't really get a good one, Rush(who else?) ends up taking a contested 3 pointer that doesn't go in.

DOUBLE OVERTIME - 68-68

4:40 2OT - Willis has a shot blocked but Coleman is there for the putback. We score first and SC State uses a timeout. I love seeing them take timeouts, as it rests up my guys so i don't have to worry about subbing.

2:00 2OT - a bit of back and forth continues. Rush drains an open 3, to give us a 3 point lead. SC State scores the next 4 points before Rush drains another open 3 and we are up by 2 points.

1:15 2OT - SC State uses the entire shot clock and can only manage a bad shot over a doubleteam. We get the rebound and I go to the hot hand, and Rush drains his 3rd 3 pointer of the 2nd OT to give us a 5 point advantage!!

After another solid defensive sequence, we run the shot clock down and get a much better shot this time around, who else, our OT Scoring machine Rush drains a 17 footer and we win in a classic.

NC A&T 83
South Carolina State 74

2 OT

After complaining about his poor first half(Rush had 6 points on 2-8 shooting at the half), Rush took over the game, only missing 3 FGs between the 2nd half and both OT's. He ends up with 32 points on 12-23 shooting, 4-6 from three and 4 free throws. He also has 6 assists to lead the team.

Ewing had a big first half and made a couple clutch shots in the 2nd half, he finishes with 15.

Coleman scores 14 and grabs 13 boards, a huge day for our center, while Willis scores 10 with 7 boards.

A big win for us, especially given the close 2nd half. These games I have been giving away too often with stupid stick mistakes.

Last edited by Radii : 01-21-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote