View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 06:11 PM   #496
Radii
Head Coach

-- Barnsley fired their head coach after our 5:0 thumping of them. They offer me the job and I turn it down. Their 23,186 seat stadium makes them exactly the type of club I would want to take over to try to finish my run to the EPL if I ever decided Woking was not able to make it all the way... but clearly that isn't a concern yet.

-- Crystal Palace just took a massive hit. Constantino after his 4 goal performance now has 42 league goals. Palace's Chris Ojapah has 40, he's clearly the "other" best player in the league... but in their last match he tore a calf muscle and is going to miss 4-5 months. He's so integral to their success, I would not be surprised at all to see them drop and finish 3rd or 4th now.

-- Preston wins the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, they tie Crystal Palace 1:1 but win on penalty kicks.

-- After our 5:0 win nearly our entire team makes the team of the week: Nikolaou/Taylor/Marc/Ogogo/Cook/Upson/Constantino

April Update

-- We play on the 1st/8th/11th/17th/22nd/29th. 8th = Wigan, 11th = Oldham, 17th = Crystal Palace. Sam Cook's loan finishes on the 12th.

-- Constantino is the League 1 Young Player of the Month! Sam Cook is 2nd for this award.

-- The board is delighted with my leadership, and our league 1 performance is the reason. There's no negatives anymore. We lost $118,000 last month.

April 1st, 2017

Leyton Orient(13-13-13-, 11th) @ Woking (21-12-6, 2nd)

We're big favorites today at home, 4:7 to beat Leyton Orient. they're 4:1 to get a win here. We're 3-1-1 lifetime against these guys, winning 2:0 at their place in November.

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Taylor/Marc/Ogogo
MC: Upson/Cook
AM: Colin/N'Guessan
FC: Harsanyi/Constantino

Colin is back in the starting lineup today. We attack at home.

2': We earn a corner, Upson takes it and Marc heads it, we almost start just like our last match, but this one is just over the bar, close!

17': Free kick for Upson about 25 yards out, just wide left.

27': We win a contested ball in midfield, Upson plays it into the area, Colin gets behind his man and controls it very well. he's my least reliable finisher, but he's got it this time!! He sends it low near post and the keeper gets a finger to it but can't quite turn it wide... its in!! 1-0

38': Nikolaou with a yellow for a slide tackle gone wrong near midfield.

42': N'Guessan is hurt, his fitness tanks. He's played so well for me lately, I hope this doesn't last past this match.

46': Harsanyi has it near the penalty area, runs from left to right looking for an opening, he passes back to Cook, who sends it forward with his first touch. ogogo is there, he strikes it, near post, by the keeper, goal!!! 2-0

HALF: A big goal to end the half gives us a 2-0 lead, outstanding. We end up with 9 shots, 4 on target. We haven't allowed a single shot yet, we've seen one highlight of us in defense all game so far. Hopefully we put it away just that easily. Zatara is in for the injured N'guessan.

58': We've seen a couple Leyton Orient attacks, a couple corners, but still they haven't quite managed to actually shoot the ball yet.

66': Leyton Orient get it about 25 yards out, unable to turn by our defense one of their forwards just pulls up and shoots from there. Its way high, but its their first shot!

68': Cook plays a ball forward from near midfield, Harsanyi runs onto it and he's got a really great look here... its saved, the ball deflects out to the right, constantino sprints over to it and takes the shot before the keeper recovers from the last save, its in! 3-0

Leyton Orient manage another shot in the 89th minute as we easily run out the rest of the time.

Woking 3 : 0 Leyton Orient

Man of the Match: Colin (8.2)
Goals: Colin, Ogogo (8.0), Constantino (7.3)
Assists: Harsanyi (7.5), Upson (7.6), Cook (7.3)
Notables: Nikolaou (7.2), Marc (7.7), Taylor (7.6)

A great performance from start to finish.

-- N'Guessan is going to miss about a week with a bruised rib. He might miss the Wigan match but he'll be there for Oldham and Crystal Palace.

-- Our 3 main competitors all won today.

With 6 to go (unless otherwise noted)

1. Crystal Palace - 81 pts
2. Woking - 78 pts
--------------------------
3. Oldham - 75 pts
4. Gillingham - 72 pts
5. Stockport - 67 pts (8 matches remaining)
6. Wigan - 60 pts
--------------------------
7. Rochdale - 57 pts (8 matches remaining)
8. Swindon - 56 pts
9. Carlisle - 53 pts
10. Milwall - 53 pts

Crystal Palace have clinched a playoff birth. Stockport and Rochdale are both now sitting on 38 matches instead of 40 like the rest of us. It would appear that all of their makeup games are against teams 17th or below.

Next up, we host #6 Wigan. I'm clearly going to power through the rest of season tonight if I can, gonna take a break and get a bit of exercise and then sit back down for this huge 3 game stretch we have coming up.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote