View Single Post
Old 05-26-2021, 09:45 AM   #274
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I don't know how they can have no tests, finals, or homework. If so, where are the A's coming from?

We were hybrid here, which I think was the worst of all systems. Because I had to give the same lessons to both online and in person students (not to mention COVID protocols), it really limited what we can do as teachers. No group assessments. No walking the aisles to watch the students work. No station activities where kids move about the room. The kids in person were basically doing virtual school from their computers.

The amount of work I did was indistinguishable from when we were virtual. I still had the same number of lessons to create, the same number of tests and assignments to grade, etc.

The one thing our county did was not allow us to give kids a 0 for missing assignments. And no kid was given a failing grade. If they had lower than a 70 or didn't complete 80% of summative assessments, they were given an incomplete instead, with the option of summer school or some online system to recover the grade.

I can't speak for teachers elsewhere, but I can tell you that this was not a "comfortable" year by any means. Not for me or the more veteran teachers.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 05-26-2021 at 09:46 AM.
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote