View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 08:26 AM   #19
Izulde
Head Coach

We get $5.42k for our second place finish. Not that it's a huge amount, because we're rolling in the money.

Our roster was pretty devastated by all the late season defections, particularly Darius Morgan, whose 5 goals and 7.2 average rating were 2nd and 3rd respectively in the league. Oh yeah, and 4th in shots on target % with 36. And on a non-contract no less.

Losing Vinny Philpott hurt too - 4th in pass completion %, 10th in tackles/game (1.81). Most season crushing was losing Chris Rowley, of course, he of the league-leading 3 shutouts in 5 games We ask a lot of our wingbacks and advanced playmaker, I noticed - Marc Mitchell, Bradley Thomas, and Jason Jones were the top 3 in distance/90 minutes (7.18, 7.14, 6.74 miles respectively).

Ian Penney and Liam Nicell were great at the back most of the season, ranking 2nd and 3rd in key tackles, 3rd and 4th in key headers, and 3rd and 6th in interceptions made. Nicell also lead the league in 100% cross completion.

Paul Nisbet - another gem. 3rd in pass completion % (81), 9th in cross completion % (29), 10th in interceptions (45). And this despite not having the best fit to be an Anchorman.

Speaking of which...

That's the exact formation, team instructions, and player roles we ran all season long to promote. It was actually a lot of fun to watch, which those of you who read my FM dynasties regularly know is key to my enjoyment.

$85k profit this year, which is pretty good, considering how few games we had.

Transfer In - MC Stuart Pearson (29)
According to an old scouting report on him, he was supposed to be awesome, but he's actually just decent. Still a potential BWM starter next year, especially when raids hit.

Transfers Out
ST Jack Banks - $400
DR Steve Gibbens - $400
MC Michael Laslett - $400
DR Bradley Thomas - $7.5k
DC Liam Nicell - N/C

Transfer In - MC Nicky Greene (28)
Didn't mean to offer him, but I'm glad I did. Great technical and mental attributes, and his physical ones aren't the worst ever. The new BWM starter by far.

Transfer In - GK Grant Beckwith (25)
Insurance against our youth pull goalie, who is looking awesome, getting raided.

For some fucked reason I can't understand, the fans don't recognize that we run a 4-1-3-2 with a flat three MCs, so it's magically a 4-1-2-2-1 setup and I'm like WTF ever. Better yet? Paul Nisbet is voted Fans' Player of the Year for a second year in a row, and doesn't make First 11 as a starter.

We're in the Teesside Football League Division One this year, with 13 other teams, which means a 26 game season. Cool.

Transfer In - DR Ryan Leggett (21)
Replenishing the stocks of our fallen DR squad. He's the first of two signings at the position, and a guaranteed starter.

Transfer In - DR Kevin Mbeleck (21)
Much more raw than Leggett, but at least we've got depth there now.

Another bug I've noticed - when you promote, you don't get your end of the year meetings, nor do players go on holiday. I'm hoping that's not why Liam Nicell took a non-contract, as it leaves a big hole in our DC spot to fill now.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote