View Single Post
Old 11-15-2016, 09:55 AM   #196
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Random post-election thoughts:

(1) I was way way wrong.

(2) I think that people are too quick to assume that a national popular vote would help Democrats. Both parties (correctly) focused on turning out the last possible voter in Florida/Pennsylvania/etc. Who knows what would change if instead they focused on going into New York, Texas, California, etc. and tried to drum up votes there.

(3) I've been happy staying off social media since the election, especially because I wasted SO MUCH TIME before the election thinking about it.

(4) When I have peeked in on facebook, I've seen my friends all sharing anti-Trump stuff like we are still in election mode. "Can you believe that he wants to give BANNON a position of power?!?!?!?" Um. Yes. Yes I can.

(5) When I've peeked at Twitter, I've seen the liberal writers I follow all producing think pieces that won't be read by anyone who does not follow them.

(6) The smartest thing I read was a writer who tweeted "Time to get back to work producing analysis that will be algorithmically delivered only to people who already agree with it."

(7) I tried to escape into football, but the Saints lost on a fucking blocked extra point returned for 2 points.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote