Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2005, 01:21 AM   #179
PilotMan
Head Coach

Calvert came though with a 10 round unanimous decision over Doughty. He also helped to put an additional 40k into my pocket. Calvert is certainly due a title shot soon.

First week of July, 2006

Fight Night-

This week marks the debut of the most anticipated new fighter to join the ranks of Punishment Inc. Ismael Rodriguez has been training for weeks now, and this week he will fight professionally for the first time. His opponent is Hugh Wates. Wates is a loser, so it should be expected that Rodriguez will win the fight. I am careful not to jinx it though as I still remember how Niall was upset by that Kippax fellow.

Gutierrez is an aggressive, mauling, brawler who will want to control the fight with his fists and dance very little. He hits like a freight train and can take a lot of punches. One of the concerns that I have though is that if he were to face a really good puncher that his chin might not be strong enough to withstand the punishment. In golden gloves he was a tough fighter, and never got knocked down, so if he does he may remind me of Tyson looking stunned after getting creamed by Buster Douglas.

Wates has never been on the canvas, but I intend to let Ismael try all night long. The oddsmakers on this fight have Gutierrez at 1/3, while the odds on Wates are 11/4.

There is a big title fight this week as well. Bantamweight title holder Xavier Firth is putting his title on the line again. This will be his fourth defense of the Bantamweight title. His opponent will be Joselito Pana. Pana is best known for his battles with Bantamweight FOY Job Reyes. He had lost to Reyes in thier first fight and grabbed a draw in a match that he surely felt that he had won. He could have that made up for with a win over Firth.

To his credit, Firth has been a tough champion. Winning his last fight in a split decision win over Esteban Lopez. This is the first fight for Firth in 9 months so he should be thoroughly prepared for the fight.

Both fighters are similar in style. Boxers with good chin’s and light, quick fists. Firth is probably the better fighter but the oddsmakers like the challenger in this one. Pana is 4/6 while Firth is 5/4. I like Firth but again won’t bet the bank on it.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote