View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 08:12 PM   #21
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
I saw Jordan play growing up and he was a phenomenon, no one had ever seen anything like it. The teams he played on were iconic and the last true NBA dynasty. And since his retirement his legend has only grown as our appreciation of his extraordinary talent has as well.

But LeBron is the GOAT and it shouldn't even be close.

I'm not sure how you can say it's not close.

Advanced stats seem to be in favour of Jordan, where he generally comes out ahead or well ahead of LeBron. The only times were LeBron is ahead of Jordan are the cumulative totals (as impressive as LeBron's longevity is, I'll take the best player at his prime above the compiler).

Just compare their age 23-29 year old seasons, when both were arguably at their very peak...

Player Efficiency Rating - Jordan 30.4 Lebron 30.1
Usage % Jordan 33.93% Lebron 32.31%
Win Shares - Jordan 18.9 Lebron 17
Box Plus/Minus - Jordan 8.5 Lebron 8.34
Value Over Replacement - Jordan 10.8 Lebron 9.3

Even if we go beyond those seven seasons, Jordan still comes out ahead on average. It's the totals, such as total win shares and total VORP where LeBron's longevity has helped him pass Jordan.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not expert on advanced stats, but if someone wants to explain to me how these stats show LeBron is the GOAT, let alone the fact that it's not even close, I would appreciate it.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote