View Single Post
Old 04-05-2004, 04:50 AM   #1168
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
Yeah, my offense just couldn't muster enough to take down your team. Having Turco suspended for 4 games actually didn't hurt as Voukun picked up the slack. But it didn't help that you had an insane 7 game winning goals the last two weeks and I had quite the sinking feeling as soon as Belfour got the shutout a couple of nights ago to put you ahead in that category. I was scoreboard watching today, hoping to pick up the tie with assists, but your guys had outscored me 6 to 1 by about 3pm and, while I made it close, it wasn't to be. Congrats on the win- it was a great series that went down to the last day. And while a pair of Red Wings helped beat me, I take comfort in the fact that it took an Av to win you the title with his 19 PIMs

SI

I was doing a little of same, some box score washing. I agree, after Belfour's shutouts I started feeling pretty good about my chances. I had given up on the rest of the goaltending stats and it basically came down to assists and potentially PIMs. The guys were clutch with the GWGs and Aucoin was a revelation with 7 goals in the last two weeks. No idea where that all came from. I think my team ended up with a lot more goals than assists, which is odd. Barnaby was also a nice addition at the end. Plenty of PIMs and even chipped in a few points. Very, very close and it really did come down to the last day of games.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote