View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 01:58 PM   #100
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

No problem, that's the response I expected but it seemed like something I shouldn't do automatically. A day later, we got our first-ever official diplomatic message. Apparently these aliens refer to themselves as the Kroll Star Commonwealth.

Inquisitior's Briefing

Second one in as many game days!

Inquisitor, you are on the clock again. Hopefully you haven't left yet . Which of the three options shall we choose? Note that on first contact it will always be these same three choices based on our ethics, so I can either ask each time or you can set a standard response, or have one for each of friendly/unfriendly contacts, however you want to do it.

Additionally, though this one can wait if you want as it's not urgent, what shall our foreign policy approach be in general, now that we need to have one?

Select from one of three options here; Isolationalist, Balanced, or Benevolent

** Under an isolationist approach we will only engage diplomatically when there is a clear benefit to us. In other circumstances our resources will be best put to use on internal matters. Self-sufficiency is a primary goal.

** Under a balanced approach we will seek diplomatic agreements in the interests of sustainable peace. Such agreements will not be entered into if they are one-sided and not in our interest however.

** Under a benevolent approach we will seek every reasonable opportunity to be involved in the greater galactic community. Generosity will demonstrate our greatness to our neighbors, though if the cost of assistance is prohibitive we will still decline -- we will be hospitable, but not philanthropic to the point of harming ourselves severely.

In any case Inquisitor, what shall we say to the Kroll? What message do you have for the Archon's representative? He patiently awaits ...

Edit to add: Apparently I don't have to choose a response for over two years! I'm going to proceed forward in that case, though I won't go beyond the expiration date of course. Just pop in and put in your two cents whenever you feel like it, Inquisitor.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 05-13-2016 at 02:09 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote