View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 10:44 AM   #171
aztarheel
High School JV

Posted by: yanksare

What do you want Jeff? It’s the middle of the night.

What do I want? What do I want? I want my life back Stevie. You took it from me.

Your life. Drinking a little tonight huh? Why don’t you come inside and we can talk. I’ll make some coffee for us.

I don’t want to come inside. I don’t want some coffee. I want my life back Stevie. I was going to coach at Charleston. You stole it away from me. I will never forgive you Stevie.

Jeff, that’s not fair. We were both up for the job. We had an equal chance. You remember our deal back in college. Whoever got the head job was going to hire the other as an assistant. You turned me down Jeff. It was your decision.

Bull****, I shoulda been coach. It was my job. I woulda taken Charleston all the way. I wouldn’t have left for greener pastures. I coulda been a legend. Instead, I’m writing about the man who took my life. I hate you. I hate you Stevie.

Come on. Let’s go in...

Steve, who are you talking to?

It’s Jeff honey. We’re about to come in. Could you put a pot of coffee on for us?

Oh, ok but come inside it’s 4 in the morning and you guys are pretty loud out there.

I can’t believe she married you after the whole Grand Canyon thing. I never thought she get back together with you.

I’m a lucky man Jeff. So are you. You’ve got a great career as a journalist and whether people agree with you or not they always read what you have to say.

But I didn’t want to be a writer. I wanted to be written about. I wanted to win NCT championships. Like you...

It’s ok Jeff. You’re not thinking straight right now. Everything will look better in the morning.

Everything will look better in the morning. Everything will look better in the morning. F*** you. Tomorrow morning you are still the coach of N.C. freaking State. You’re “Stevie V”. Tomorrow morning I’m still a sports journalist. I’m still just the Sheriff. What a stupid name. “Hey, stick em up. I’m the Sheriff.” Pathetic. I gotta go.

Jeff, wait. Come back. Come to State with me.

You mean. Work for you at State. No way....
aztarheel is offline   Reply With Quote