View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 07:50 AM   #51
Radii
Head Coach

2010/11 Charlotte Bobcats Roster

Starters

PG Raymond Felton - 26 y/o - 6'1 198 lbs - 76 OVR (+2 from last year)

Felton averaged 13.8 ppg/6.5 assists last year. His mid-range jumper and ball handling have improved. He's still the best passer and ball security guy on the team by a lot. He'll get good minutes at the point again this year.

SG Ray Allen - 35 y/o - 6'5" 205 lbs - 79 OVR

Allen is my only free agent signing this season. He averaged 18.7 points/game last year for Boston and Houston, shooting 43% from 3. He's a great shooter from all over, rated 86 from behind the arc. A good ball handler but a pretty poor passer. Only an average defender, bringing in Allen and starting him over Bell is a sharp change towards an offensive minded team for us.

SF Gerald Wallace - 28 y/o - 6'7" 220 lbs - 81 OVR (+1)

Wallace put up 16 points/game last year and pulled in 9.8 rebounds. The CPU managing the substitution pattern liked putting him in at the 4, and I expect that to continue this year. He's explosive going to the hoop and can score in bunches.

PF Samuel Padgett - 20 y/o - 6'10" 261 lbs - 81 OVR

Padgett comes in with solid ratings already and superstar potential. He's a pretty good scorer inside with decent post offense and good post defense. His rebounding ratings are in the low 80s, 2nd best on the team behind Chandler. His stamina is a bit lacking compared to others on the team so he's going to start but may not get as many minutes as I hope to get him later on. Good defensive awareness. Padgett may be a more defense/rebounding forward early on but I hope he develops into a top scoring option as well.

C Tyson Chandler - 28 y/o - 7'1" 235 lbs - 74 OVR (+4)

I can't help but wonder if I made a typo when I wrote up Chandler last year, did he really gain 4 points to his overall rating? 6.2 ppg/9.2 rpg last year, a very good rebounder that I don't use a lot on offense. Padgett and Chandler give us an extremely strong front line as far as defending the post.

6th Man

PG DJ Augustin - 22 y/o - 6'0" 180 lbs - 73 OVR (+3)

Augustin is still developing, moving from 70->73 OVR as a 22 year old is pretty exciting. Augustin averaged 10.1 ppg last year, shooting 39.6% from the 3 point line. He's rated better from 3 than Ray Allen, 88 compared to allen's 86. He can shoot from anywhere, is quick and a great ball handler. He's a bit small at just 6 foot even, but he can break down a defense and dish on occasion. His horrible defensive awareness(49) remains a barrier that might keep him out of my starting lineup.

Role Players

SG Raja Bell - 34 y/o - 6'5" 215 lbs - 67 OVR (-4)

Bell is pissed off about losing his starting spot, and he lost a lot in development to begin with, dropping from 71->67 OVR. His 3 point shot has faded a bit and he is nowhere near the lockdown defender he was last year. That happened a lot faster than I expected.

PF Boris Diaw - 28 y/o - 6'8" 235 lbs - 74 OVR (+1)

Diaw will be my primary big man off the bench, though he's a bit unhappy about not being a starter anymore either. He still has a solid shot from everywhere on the court, with low post and 3 point shot ratings both in the low 80s. He's a weaker rebounder though.
Prospects

SF Gerald Henderson - 22 y/o - 6'4" 215 lbs - 70 OVR (+3)

Like Augustin, Gerald Henderson showed significant improvement last season. Only 4.8 ppg as a rookie last year, his shot has improved some but is still basically average. In fact I'd say the same thing about him now that I did last year... he doesn't have a ton of basketball skills but he's decent and a physically gifted athlete.

Bench Players

SF Derrick Brown is rated 68 OVR, but extremely unhappy at being forced out of the rotation. I still intend to try to trade him for a guy ready to back up someone.

C Dasagna Diop and Nazr Mohammad are both rated under 60 and guys I just dont want to have to rely on. With Augustin, Bell and Henderson I have decent depth on the perimeter, Diaw is undersized though and Diop and Mohammad are just not good enough.

Radii is offline   Reply With Quote