Head Coach

December 18, 2010

Utah(11-14) at Charlotte(12-12)

CHA:UTA
79:79 OVR
80:78 OFF
78:79 DEF

Utah Scouting

PG Deron Williams - 92 OVR - 27.5 ppg/9.9 apg - with Carlos Boozer gone this is truly Deron Williams' team. B ins/A- out/A- per D/A+ hands, great everywhere.

SG Roger Mason - 68 OVR - 8.4 ppg - A- outside shooting. He's not really good on D and not great with the ball.

SF Andrei Kirilenko - 71 OVR - 13 ppg/5.0 rpg - 51.8% FGs this year so far. He's an average scorer, he can defend insie and outside acceptably, but he's not a star by any stretch.

PF Paul Millsap - 77 OVR - 13.6 ppg/7.6 rpg - B+ inside, A rebounding, but poor post defense. Millsap is the 2nd best player on the team and no one else is really close.

C Mehmet Okur - 72 OVR - 13.0 ppg/7.8 rpg - B+ inside/B+ outside, just a C+ rebounder.

PF Christian Baxter(71 OVR) is the 6th man, not a scorer but he is pulling in 8 boards/game. PG Eric Maynor(68 OVR) is putting up 8 points/game off the bench.

If we can slow Deron Williams we win it would seem.

First Quarter

Utah 29
Charlotte 25

No surprise, the worst player on the court leads all in scoring. Roger Mason is 5-9 for 10 points. Deron Williams would attack and kick out a lot. Williams still put up 8 points though. Padgett and Wallace lead us with 6 each, Allen 5. Pretty balanced shooting for me so far.

Second Quarter

Utah 52
Charlotte 48

Deron Williams is the player of the half with 14 points. Kirilenko with 13, Mason with 12 for the Jazz. Diaw with 10, Padgett with 10, Wallace and Allen both with 8 for us. So I only minorly adjusted the shooting sliders, but yeah, we're shooting 20/33 at the half, 60%! We're only 2/4 from 3, we're getting it inside a ton. That was the idea though, as their post defense is subpar. And, of course, we're trailing, so we have to stop someone at some point.

Third Quarter

Utah 77
Charlotte 65

Ugh, we just come out this quarter ice cold, and we cannot stop them when Deron Williams is in the game. Mason leads them with 17, Williams has 16 but 8 assists. I've got 16 for Ray Allen, Padgett looks to be headed to a double double with 12 points/8 boards. Utah is shooting 51% from the floor now, and we're still shooting 54%. But Utah has 14 more FG attempts, and 5 more 3's. We have 9 turnovers to their 4, they have one more offensive board... the little things are adding up here it appears.

Fourth Quarter

9:00 to go - Utah up 84-69. We just don't have the defense to deal with this.

Its an 18 point game with 7 left and I give up. Its just frustrating watching Utah hold the ball for 20 seconds and then get a kickout to Eric Maynor or Roger Mason and have the shot go in every single damn time.

Utah 108
Charlotte 90

Utah shoots lights out in the second half, just completely unstoppable. They're 57% from the field, and 12/21 from 3(they were 7/14 after 3... so yeah, 5/7 from 3 in the 4th quarter.

Padgett: 23 points/9 boards - 10/14 from the field
Allen: 18 points
Diaw: 12 points
Wallace: 10 points/7 boards
Henderson: 10 points

I only took 6 3's all game, none with Augustin. I probably need to work to balance my offense out quite a bit. but I have no answer for a 90+ rated guard, and once these other guys get hot b/c of him, I have no answer for anyone. Bell's defense is fading with age, Chandler's "out for the season" injury hurts us inside quite a bit(even though his salary sucks ass he is a good rebounder and defender inside). I also only took 6 shots with Gerald Wallace. He's a stud athlete compared to the rest of the guys I've got on offense, that's a huge problem.

So I've got some things I can do to improve for sure. Mason ended up with 26 on 12-19 shooting, Millsap 18, Deron Williams 18 points/13 assists for the Jazz.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote