View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 12:16 AM   #94
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
How's playing out the games? Are you getting a better feeling shooting mid-range jumpers?

Raising the sliders has helped a lot. One thing I've pretty much stopped doing is try to pull up for jumpers. Catching and shooting open jumpers works well. Catching and shooting marginally contested jumpers works ok. Shooting off the dribble sucks.

I can hit 4-6 3's a game now though, and guys besides Allen and Augustin are fair game to attempt open 3's after upping the sliders. I'll take wide open ones with Felton where that felt 100% pointless before.

One issue with mid-range jumpers is my offensive philosophy. I believe the perfect game of offensive basketball would contain zero shots between 16-23 feet. Every shot should be taken from as close to the basket as possible, or from behind the 3 point arc. So I don't really go looking for a lot of mid-range jumpers, but at least they're an option now instead of wildly driving into the lane and praying if the shot clock runs low. I'm taking some, and making some sure. I feel a lot better about the gameplay now without a doubt.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote