View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 09:11 AM   #8
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Tough night last night. We played our biggest competition for the conferenece title, a team we lost to by 1 and then beat by 1 in the pre-season tournament, and they spanked us, bad. 8th grade team lost 12-5, 7th grade team lost 8-3. Caitlin hit a triple in the first inning, then grounded to 3rd and flew to RF her next two times. She struggled on the mound, though. This team - both teams - hit the ball incredibly. Two years ago, as a 10U team, a travel team from this county won the NSA World Series, and most of those girls (now 12U) are on this team, so I guess it's not surprising they are good. Caitlin pitched 1 2/3 innings and gave up 4 runs. Most have been 3 errors, not counting a terrible misplay on a ball down the RF line that turned into a HR. Two different RFs made errors or misplayed 3 balls that became "HRs" (at least the way they score games at this level).

So, now we're off until April 11th for spring break. Bummer way to leave things.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-01-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote