View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 06:57 AM   #11
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

So we're back after a 2-week hiatus. Game on Tuesday got rained out, but they played under beautiful conditions last night. An away game, out of conference, against a team about 45 minutes away.

8th grade lost 5-4, partly due to 2 of the shittiest calls I've ever seen. 7th grade game, we won 7-3. Caitlin hit a 2-run single in the 1st inning, walked in the 2nd. She pitched the 2nd inning and did OK, especially since she'd only thrown for 30 minutes in the past 2 weeks. It showed. She gave up 3 hits, 1 walk, 1 K, and 1 run. Only one of the hits was well-struck, though. One was a full-swing spinner that died between the plate and mound, and the other was a grounder to the right of 2nd that was stopped in the IF, but no play was made.

We are supposed to have a tournament on Saturday, but we've got a huge storm rolling in tonight, so it's doubtful we play. Sunday may be a scrimmage with the travel team - if not, then just practice. Then next week we've got 3 games and another tournament the following weekend.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-15-2011 at 06:59 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote