View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 03:04 PM   #22
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Had a crappy end to the middle school softball season. This weekend was awful, weather wise. Upper 40s, lower 50s and rainy. The state tournament got cut short - we won our first game 9-1 on Saturday then rain canceled the rest of the day, then on Sunday, we played the best team we've played all year, and lost 3-1 in 9 innings. Caitlin got a PH opportunity to win the game in the 8th and struck out. She was really upset about it. But we had plenty of chances to win and couldn't do it. After that game, they canceled the rest of the tournament and we finished in second place.

First practice for the travel team was supposed to be tonight, but...yep...it has been rained out. We have a scrimmage on Thursday night. Supposed to play a tournament on Saturday, but it might only have 3 teams in it, which kinda sucks. But hopefully it provides an opportunity for an easy tournament victory.

Memorial weekend is going to be the monster tournament - already 17 teams signed up! Coach said if we finish in the top 5 he'd be ecstatic. We will likely run into some powerhouse 2nd year 12U teams.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 05-17-2011 at 03:06 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote