View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 02:30 PM   #43
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

So we ended up playing a tournament this past weekend with our "new" team - we dropped 2 girls moving up to 14U and picked up 2 12U players. Played in an 8-team tournament with 2 "teams" that had split from each other and borrowed players from another team moving up to 14U, and a full team moving up to 14U. It's not technically "next season" yet, so while most teams that are moving up will play in the new division to get some experience, you have other teams looking to win a cheap championship against younger competition. Which is what happened.

We ended up finishing as runner-up to the 14U team. Caitlin had a nice tourney, pitching in 5 games and only giving up 7 runs - 6 in the championship game at 8pm pitching in her 4th game of the day. We lost the tournament by losing the first game on Sunday and having to fight through the loser's bracket, which killed our pitching. But it was a fun tournament.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote