View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 04:53 AM   #116
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Life has been too busy to post much, partially because of the garden: harvesting like gangbusters lately. Highlights...
  • For the past week-ish, we've been harvesting double digits cucumbers every day. My wife made a dozen jars of pickles, and we've also given away a a few dozen cucumbers to friends.
  • Turns out the squash casserole recipe my wife is using does well cooking from frozen, so she has made six of them for future use. Big family July 4th celebration coming up, so I'd imagine she'll use 2 or 3 then.
  • Harvested a couple dozen cherry tomatoes each of the last three days. We're about to be in giveaway mode with those.
  • We've gotten around 5 or 6 slicing tomatoes so far, and they're about to hit their stride, it appears. Amazing taste.
  • Something (I think a rabbit) keeps eating my bush bean plants, but not the beans themselves. Definitely not insects--too much damage in short periods of time. The leaves are about to be stripped clean. I may just give up on those.
  • Green bell peppers are ready, and the red/orange/yellow ones shouldn't be far behind.
  • Zucchini isn't going gangbusters, but it has been solid and steady.
  • Insane amount of basil, but I knew/expected that. My wife freezes large quantities of homemade pesto.