View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 10:29 AM   #397
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich1033 View Post
The next Affliction show will be in January I believe. Fedor will return and fight, although Im not sure if they have announced who. I cant see how it would not be Barnett tho.

Barnett already said he doesn't want the Fedor fight in Jan, so the only fight that leaves is Arlovski vs Fedor, and that will be over very quickly with a sub by Fedor.

Odds are though that the next Affliction show doesn't happen, or is the last show they have.

Quote:
Wow, you have to understand who their target audience is. It isn't us. Theyre trying to get the 'mainstream' boxing fans to switch. So a guy on a days notice, David, beats goliath and to top it off the David is a good looking kid with Pink in his hair and he leaves film on the table of him throwing his mouthpiece in the air and running around the ring in a circle. Then you have a hot chick beating up her foe and looking great in the audience an hour later. You have names like Ortiz and Shamrock thrown around and you have CBS getting what I will bet to be above average ratings.

Honestly, I think I could put together some promos and a card in 2 months that will definitely get airtime on CBS again. The stories are compelling.

If the audience isn't 'us' then the mainstream boxing fans don't even know who any of those people even are, and all they see is a old wrinkly Shamrock, another one with so much metal in his mouth he couldn't fight a chicken and a smug looking gorilla with blonde hair who hasn't won a decisive fight that didn't involve Ken Shamrock since 2001.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote