View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 11:14 AM   #669
QuikSand
lolzcat

Well, heartbreak avoided. A nearly maxed-out TE from my affinity group was actually available at pick 7, and that had me daydreaming about him in our TE-friendly offense.

But... he gone. At 7 to the last human team ahead of us.

We end up with a consolation prize: T Tyrus Shepherd

Now, once I recover from the TE-induced swoon, I can put this into perspective. I am not sure how position value in FOF parallels with the NFL, but if you had my roster in the NFL, you would 100% be saying "all this team really needs is a serious left tackle!"

Honestly, the correct play for me when seeing this fairly crappy draft overall, would have been to try to deal away assets to move up to pick 3 or 4 in order to get this guy. Instead, we luck out and land him by providence. Perhaps by divine intervention? Not my style, honestly, hope this doesn't offend

So, a quiet moment please...Mr Teddy Tightends has something to say...

My left tackle is Shepherd. I shall not want.

He keepeth me from having to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the other jerseys.

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of first down markers for his game's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the pressure of the edge rushers of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy bod and thy technique they comfort me.

Thou preparest a pocket for me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with proper reads; my backs runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the plays of my career: and we will dwell in the endzone for ever.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote