View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 11:29 AM   #679
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, I decide to release TE Teddy Carr. No shock. With no injuries, we're already paying TE Weydahl, paying a second quality guy just detracts from Weydahl's targets. Plus, he was messing up our chemistry short term.

So, meet our new chem leader: WR Norman Hoover, your prototype affinity gimp. He'll hopefully ride the bench for 10 years and anchor chemistry the whole time, and never ask for more than minsal.

I think this means an undrafted rookie TE will make the roster - and he might turn out to be more than a chem guy after all. Ronald Austin will likely make a solid bump in preseason (my scout rates him +8 in potential, a very good sign) and perhaps can slide into a useful TE2/3 role. TE Barnett is the special teamer of the group, who really shouldn't be on the field much. Cameron Robinson is the fall-back if somebody falls apart. While I prefer having a more well-rounded talent as my TE2 (like this fella in another league) we'll play the hand we've been dealt here. Sadly, I really should have seen this coming, especially when the set of potential 2/3 group leaders was so weak... I should have known Carr was a goner and planned accordingly, to have a cohesion guy in there by now. This "peak at the right time" shit is really hard.

Last edited by QuikSand : 02-18-2020 at 01:47 PM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote