View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 09:26 PM   #7
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
I keep eating junk though, I did it this weekend again. I'm disciplined enough to do this, but not disciplined enough to say no to junk.

Not to encourage junk food eating, but you will be able to make huge fitness gains regardless of whether you can succeed in cutting out junk food. I've been running now for about 18 months and I'm in much better physical shape than when I started, even though I think I look basically the same (I've lost 5-10 pounds at most). I'm terrible for junk, but for the first 6-8 months I made big strides in performance regardless.

You might be better off focusing strictly on making the running a part of your life at first, and then start cutting out junk food later on. Trying to do it all at once may end up being discouraging when you falter on one or the other. One of the things my running instructor tries to hammer home to us is that we need to push ourselves to get out and run, but also not beat ourselves up when we fail.

Stay positive and remember: Running is fun!!
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote