View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 10:13 AM   #271
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I watched it last night.

I really enjoyed it once again. That hour really flies by.

This episode was very heavy on the exposition and back story. Perhaps too much at times, but you really need some of it to put everything into context. You either have a choice of dumbing things down considerably, which eviserates the story, or having a lot of exposition. They dwelled a lot on the Greyjoy rebeliion, which helped define Theon. I assume we will see him become a bit more prominent. All that's really left at Winterfell are Bran, Robb, and Theon. At least until Osha shows up.

I really liked the actor playing Samwell. I thought he was great. The guy playing Jon Snow is really growing on me as well. He is becoming more and more "Jon Snow" with each episode.

It was interesting to see that they had Little Finger tell the Hound's back story to Sansa instead of the Hound himself. I wasn't crushed by it, but I would have liked to see it done as it was in the books. It makes me wonder if they are going to do away with the Sansa/Hound "relationship" as it were. It was something that I loved in the books and was very enjoyable, but, barring something very miraculous happening, eventually really doesn't go anywhere. Sadly, it may be an arc that they do away with entirely...

I loved the scene at the Inn when Catelyn called out Tyrion. My favorite moment was when the Frey guy stood up and was talking about Lord Frey being 90 and about to wed again. They cut to Tyrion and it looked like he so wanted to make a quip, but at that point he knew what was happening and just didn't have the stomach for it.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote