View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 01:50 AM   #281
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Finally got to see Episode 4 tonight. I thought it was very well done, as a reader and fan of the books. There was a lot of backstory to this one, as has been pointed out.

It's setting up for all of the good stuff in the back end of the book. We all know how this is rolling up (those of us whom have read the books).

I loved the scene with Catelyn and Tyrion at the end. I had forgotten how that went down, and as it started to go down, it came flooding back to me, and I just relished that whole scene. That was terrific. For cliffhangers and scenes of import, right up there with Ned Stark and Lady in Episode 2.

I don't know that I would count the Sansa/Hound relationship as dead just yet (although I could certainly see it happening that way). Right now, in the show, does it seem like the Hound has the kind of relationship with Sansa where he would tell her something so deeply personal about himself? There isn't time in the show to devote to the little scenes and thoughts and all that go into that, like there is in the book. I think this wasn't a bad compromise to get this in there without forcing the Hound/Sansa relationship on us out of nowhere. Now that Sansa knows this story, she might view the Hound differently and this can lead to the same kind of relationship we see in the books, except in "TV time", instead of book time. Plus, let's face it, it does provide us a lot more character for Littlefinger as well.

I would say for Littlefinger's character, in fact, this was a terrific episode.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote