View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 10:53 AM   #283
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I don't know that I would count the Sansa/Hound relationship as dead just yet (although I could certainly see it happening that way). Right now, in the show, does it seem like the Hound has the kind of relationship with Sansa where he would tell her something so deeply personal about himself? There isn't time in the show to devote to the little scenes and thoughts and all that go into that, like there is in the book. I think this wasn't a bad compromise to get this in there without forcing the Hound/Sansa relationship on us out of nowhere. Now that Sansa knows this story, she might view the Hound differently and this can lead to the same kind of relationship we see in the books, except in "TV time", instead of book time. Plus, let's face it, it does provide us a lot more character for Littlefinger as well.
Yeah, as someone who is watching the show without reading the book, seeing the Hound just go into a extremely personal discussion with Sansa about how his face got messed up and explaining about his brother would have looked odd and out of character. The guy has said maybe 2-3 words all season and then he suddenly bares his sole to a 16-year old girl he barely knows?

I think the way the producers did this story (through Littlefinger) made a lot more sense and helped refine his character as a gossip queen/instigator (which I'm guessing is the role he takes more of as the story goes on).