View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 09:42 PM   #35
Radii
Head Coach

Injury Update

AML Luca Colangelo was hurt in that loss and is going to miss 3 weeks. We call Brian Davidson up from the reserve squad for now.

... days later

AML Dylan Rose is hurt in training and is going to miss about 10 days, so he's going to be out for another match.

March 22nd, 2014

North American Open Cup - Phase 1 - Group O

Rhode Island Reds (2-0-0, 1st) Wake Forest Cougars (1-0-1, 3rd)

-- Rhode Island has two wins, 6-0 and 4-0.
Attendence: 967

Starting Lineup

GK: Gyan
D: Campbell/Galvis/Garcia/Varela
DM: Williams
M: Sandoval/Tapia
AM: Davidson/Cooper
ST: Pace

Lots of changes today, only the DC's, DMC, Cooper at AMR and the keeper stay the same.

Defensive Mindset today. Retain possession from the start.

2': A lob down the left side gets one of their forwards in a good spot, he's into the left side of the area, shoots... saved by Gyan. We stop the corner.

29': Some midfield control, a pass ahead to Pace, a through ball into the area for Cooper, its a clear cut chance... but he pushes it wide left.

HALF: And that's it, very very boring. I'm ok with that. Pace has a minor injury. I'm bringing Navarro in for the 2nd half.

65': Throwin for them at midfield, they throw it towards their own end but the defender doesn't collect it. Navarro is there and has a 1 on 1 with the keeper.. and he sends it way high. Clear cut chance and that needed to score.

72': Pena in for Williams, Mora in for Tapia.

87': Pena with a free kick from just outside the area, its on target, but saved pretty easily.

89': Davidson to Navarro, he cuts out wide and goes deep near the end line, a low cross into the 6 yard box, Mora is there... but off a defender and out for a corner. They clear the corner.

93': A goal kick sent long by Gyan, Navarro gets it and these amateur defenders just suck in these spots. Navarro into the area, 1 on 1 again with the keeper... who saves it. Damn!

Rhode Island 0 : 0 Wake Forest

DC Garcia with a 6.3 today, everyone else 6.6-6.8. Their keeper is man of the match.

So I'm happy getting a draw on the road against a team that scored 10 goals in their first two cup matches. I'm less happy with the fact that we had 2 breakaways and 4 clear cut chances and failed to score.

With 3 out of 7 matches played we're in a solid enough position here and could still easily advance.

Injury Update

our backup ST Samir Pace has a thigh strain and is out for 4-5 weeks.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote