View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 08:26 PM   #45
Radii
Head Coach

Injury Update

-- Starting keeper Amidu Gyan strained his groin today in training, he's going to miss 4-5 weeks. Phil Harrington is back into the starting role.

-- ST Samir Pace resumes full training after his injury a couple weeks ago.

-- two weeks between matches here, I hadn't noticed that at first.

April 19th, 2014

North American Open Cup - Phase 1 - Group O

Richmond Tide (1-2-2, 6th) vs Wake Forest Cougars (3-1-1, 1st)

Attendence: 476

We can clinch advancement out of our group with a win today.

Starting Lineup

GK: Harrington
D: Coggins/Galvis/Lassiter/Arroyo
DM: Williams
M: Tapia/Mora
AM: Davidson/Cooper
ST: Navarro

Lassiter gets his first start today, I'm not sure he can go 90 quite yet, but he's getting close. Harrington for the injured Gyan, Davidson at AML instead of Rose due to recent form. Otherwise, we're starting what I think is our best team today.

Defensive mindset on the road.

11': They attack hard, geting the ball into the box twice, a nice tackle from Galvis saves us once, a header on a cross stops the second effort, and we withstand a rather long highlight in our defensive end without allowing a shot.

28': This game has been full of Richmond attacking highlights.

42': They earn a corner after a long free kick sent into the box, but we clear it out easily.

HALF: Each team has 3 off target shots. I've seen none of my own in highlights, I've seen all of theirs, and I've seen about 5 other highlights where they have put a ton of pressure on us but our defense has cleared at key moments. They hold a reasonably heavy possession edge over us and I tell the team to hold onto the ball a little more here.

46': They earn a corner right off the bat, its taken, a header.. Arroyo clears it off the line, whew.

81': Rose in for Davidson, Pena in for Williams.

92': I get to watch my first offensive highlight of the entire match, we take a corner and they clear it immediately. We keep the ball and clumsily build back up again, Rose sends a cross in from the left side and it goes through the box untouched.

The whistle finally blows around the 94 minute mark (after 2 minutes of scheduled added time).

Richmond 0 : 0 Wake Forest

They have a defender earn man of the match.

All of our ratings are between 6.2-6.8, most of them 6.6/6.7.

Ian Cooper picked up a minor injury in the final couple minutes. Damn.

Injury Update

Cooper is going to miss 3 weeks with this injury. That will see him missing a couple league matches.

Three teams clinched spots in the next round today, Wake Forest are one of them. I believe after this we go straight to single elimination draw style matches. We do have one more group match to play.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote