View Single Post
Old 03-27-2004, 03:49 PM   #219
aej
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLionKing
I don't see it mentioned in the earlier article but, Dixon was 3 mph off the speed of a normal F-1 test driver.
...whatever that is. He was less than 2mph slower than Button's fastest time, less than a second, and faster than four other test drivers, three of whom have close to 150 GP starts between them. He was within 0.2sec of Schumacher in the other Williams. Testing times are pretty academic though with the variation in work being done by different teams and drivers in any one session.

Quote:
In my opinion, their are about eight or nine better options for Williams out there......
If he goes well at Barcelona as well, don't be surprised to see Dixon with a Williams test contract for '05, if only to keep him out of the reach of other teams.

Quote:
I'd go as far as to say they'd be better off to bring JV back.....
Much as I'd like to see it, that won't happen. There are plenty of better VFM younger drivers out there. Frank and Patrick are well known for spending their money on the cars not the drivers and even Willi Weber is talking down Ralf's price for next season to try and keep him at Williams.