View Single Post
Old 09-17-2023, 02:06 PM   #527
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
On a separate travel note, Delta laid the hammer down on airline loyalty last week and those who value those kind of perks are mostly screwed going forward unless you fly a ton and buy expensive seats. The new "simplified" medallion tiers and cutbacks on perks you get for the Delta credit cards are ridiculous. They will definitely cut down on Sky Club overcrowding because only the overseas business travellers and those who are willing to spend $75K+ on their Delta cards will have unlimited access. We're likely cancelling my wife's Delta Platinum card and I'll be more open to flying other airlines when the itinerary makes sense because chasing silver or platinum status (which I've had for 5+ years) is a pipe dream with these changes. Airline status isn't worth chasing anymore. I'm sure if this is successful for Delta other airlines will follow suit. Sucks.

No longer chasing the SkyMiles (but did get up to 1.5M SkyMiles). I've been thinking about getting the Chase Reserve or AMEX Platinum which will get me into some lounges but don't travel enough right now to warrant the $500+ fees.

I can only remember a couple domestic lounges that were memorable in food or service. I have been to some international lounges that were fantastic (especially the showers!).
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote