View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 08:41 AM   #35
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

There have been some new secondary issues that are interesting occur. You may recall from reading the Gold Meet information that it is a new facility in my area and a rival swim club. Well 3 of the members of Bailey's group (and members of our Summer team), elected to go over there and investigate, and they all came away throughly impressed. They reported the facilities are great, the teams are much smaller, and the instruction is much more personal. So, MK, KJ and Raylee were planning on changing to Gold Swim Club.

However, Raylee was really attached to her coaches at SA and after talking with the SA coach, her parents decided to stay put. When SA coaches were notified by MK and KJ's parents of the switch they asked to have a conference to talk about the decision. MK elected to pass and will change. KJ's parents met with the coaches and are still considering their options.

I have to say, that we have known MKs parents for a while (MK and Brett started year round swimming together)...and every time MK hits a plateau her mom starts complaining that she isn't getting better and starts looking to change. 4 years ago it was Dynamos she was thinking about going to, 2 years ago it was a new SA facility in our proximity she was going to take MK to, and now it is the Gold Swim Club. I figured eventually she would actually make the change. That being said...I do think she will do well at the Gold facility. She has a few things she needs to clean up, which will make her faster, and she's about to grow, which will also make her faster - so they'll see some good results...it will be interesting to me to see how long those improvements will calm the parents from looking to find something better.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote