View Single Post
Old 06-13-2020, 08:31 PM   #1
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

Memphis Wrestling, 1983: Long Live The King!!

Death of the Territories
I’m trying my hand one last time with the DOTT mod. I had trouble converting DOTT from TEW 2016 to TEW 2020 so this will likely be my last new save on TEW 2016 before getting into the recently released TEW 2020 and getting acquainted with all of the new features.

I am the head booker for the Championship Wrestling Association, commonly referred to as the “Memphis area”, and home to the King, Jerry Lawler, who helped thrust Memphis Wrestling into the national spotlight in July 1982 with his appearance alongside Andy Kaufman on Late Night with David Letterman. CWA is loaded with young talent and charismatic managers but also has an experienced roster that is heel heavy, waiting to play spoils to Lawler’s success, though not many are known outside the Southeast region.

The Game World
Rankings of companies in America. Global ranking in parentheses.
1. WCCW (2nd)
2. MACW (3rd)
3. GCW (4th)
4. CWF (8th)
5. WWF (9th)
6. MSW (11th)
7. AWA(13th)
8. SWCW (15th)
9. CWA (16th)
10. PNW (18th)
11. CSW (20th)
12. WWC (23rd)
13. WWA (25th)
14. SECW (26th)

--CMLL is currently the #1 company in the world.

--It certainly is a steep hill to climb to even be in the US top three and I’ve never stayed with a game long enough to jump two levels, in this case, from regional to national. Our starting prestige is 30.0 and momentum is 82.5. CWA has its highest popularity in the Southeast at 70. All of the other regions are no higher than 30. I will try to remember to update the popularity at the end of each month.

--CWA has a TV show on Saturdays and an event on Mondays. There will be a big event on the last Thursday of each month. These big events were not common in Memphis at the time. I went ahead and upped the production values to high quality, broadcast quality to industry standard and music to licensed to avoid any potential penalties.

--CWA is not involved in any alliance but has working agreements with the AWA, Central States, and Southeastern. A non-aggression pact has been agreed upon with WWC. The alliance deal struck me as odd. CWA’s primary titles are AWA and NWA named. If the ball can get rolling, the title belt names will be strictly CWA, maybe through a title unification.

--Lastly, I might add a TV title down the road to give the midcard and lower guys some exposure, though CWA wasn’t big on TV titles. The CWA was actually NWA-affiliated through 1986 but I’m not messing with that. It will be tough enough trying to get to cult popularity.

tucking fypo is offline   Reply With Quote