View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 05:16 PM   #302
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Yea, well, the werewolf is "neutral evil." He's bad. He's not working with the mafia, but he's working for himself and I would guess his win condition is likely to kill everyone but himself.

Some of the neutral roles will have village friendly, if not entirely straight villager, win conditions. What I'm saying is that in Town of Salem some of the neutral roles will win with the village, some will win with the baddies, and some will win just by themselves.

It's not just going to be straight win with the mafia or win with the village. All of the neutral roles in Town of Salem have a condition that must first be met and then a "win by" following that.

For instance a role that I'm very familiar with from that game is the exe. It's in basically every Town of Salem game you will play as it's a default role. The exe is one that wins on his own. He must first get the town to lynch his target and then he must get himself lynched after that in order to win. He's not working with the town or the mafia.

Many of the killing roles that are in Town of Salem, such as the serial killer (another default role in that game), intentionally work against the mafia and one of their win conditions is to eliminate all of the mafia.

So by itself neutral doesn't mean bad. It depends on the actual role. With only 8 villagers (9 max if we got lucky with random) it probably is not prudent to just cast away all the neutral roles as evil. We will quickly find ourselves outnumbered and lacking key votes when we need them.

trippy

thanks for the incite
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote