View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 03:34 AM   #428
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I REALLY should have listened to this. But I didn't.

Been a while since a game has grabbed me like this one has. A couple of things:

** Despite what's shown here and comments by thehitcat who apparently started off even a bit faster, it's entirely possible to languish at the bottom. My first semi-serious attempt, with me screwing up many things naturally and sometimes just moving my players around haphazardly, ended when I was about to start a 4th out of 5 seasons in the Amateur League. Basically just saying this so for others, there's plenty of ways to not succeed. More challenging than it may appear based on this dynasty(and that's not even thinking about Hard mode).

To be fair, I did spend 3 of my first 4 seasons in the Amateur League. I've also been sent right back down every time I first promoted to a league.

Quote:
** The main thing I didn't realize is how much of your money comes from selling your players. I thought that most of it would come from sponsors and gate receipts. Not a good concept to ignore.

Yeah, this is why I maxed out the defensive coach. The defenders have brought me a steady stream of income.

Quote:
** The 'one more turn', or in this case match, vicegrip is strong with this one. It is VERY strong.

Agreed. As strong as any game I've played.

Quote:
** I'd be interested to see how the tactics go at a high-level, before I you known actually learn enough to get there. When you get to Premiere League which doesn't seem to be too terribly far away, I wonder if you'd consider taking the time to do a match or two in more detail. One of the things that is most impressive to me is the way FTG sort of eases you in and then things get more complicated as you start dealing with higher-level players, more of whom have skills, a busier schedule, etc. Let's just say my first Third-League season was an absolute dumpster-fire. Sold off my one decent forward a year early because I thought I needed the money for a bigger stadium … which very quickly didn't matter because I scored one goal in the first 15 matches. By a midfielder, two of which had better accuracy than either of my forwards. Neither of them could have threatened a Third-League keeper if their lives depended on it.

Yeah, one thing I really like is each league is almost a whole new game. I've had to adapt each time I moved up. I 've wanted to do a video of a match for a while now, but will probably need a better machine to do so. The biggest thing I've learned in the higher leagues is to focus more and more on skills. Attributes still have some importance, but it's skills that make the difference.

Quote:
Anyway, enough of that -- good stuff and keep it up!

Thanks!

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 08-10-2018 at 03:35 AM.
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote