View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 12:12 PM   #233
Hammer
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Are there exceptions to getting rid of all the guns by law abiding citizens?

No hunting rifles, no guns for people living in rural areas, ranchers getting rid of varmints or home protection etc.?

I am for more gun control (and don't claim to have all the answers) but getting rid of "all guns" for law abiding citizens just seems going too far.

It really depends how much the #### number of people getting shot every year bothers you.

I don't mean to come across as a know it all or anti U.S. You guys do a lot of things better than us and we can learn from you. But you are really struggling with this one as it is so ingrained in your culture.

You take the guns away from law abiding citizens. Damn right. You take away the hunting rifles. It won't cause anyone to starve to death.

To an American it might sound extreme. To me it is common sense and normal. Just the way it is. If there are no guns nobody gets shot.

Police don't carry guns in my country. They don't need to. We have armed response units who sit around drinking tea and playing pool until there is a terror threat every year or so. Not a response needed to the general criminals very often. Our criminals are probably as bad as yours but as there are no guns it isn't such a problem..

Last edited by Hammer : 02-15-2018 at 12:13 PM.
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote