View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 10:21 AM   #20
Binary_Digit
n00b

Hi, just checking in with an update on progress.

- The height/weight inconsistencies are fixed (both Roster and Draft). I found a height/weight scatter chart by position on ESPN or NFL and used that to constrain the RNG. It picks a random height based on the player's position, then decides how many pounds per inch the player should weigh, also by position. Seems much more realistic now.

- Attributes for Draft players are a bit more random now. Before, after choosing an "overall" rating for the player, it would generate random attributes between the min and max for that overall rating. Now it still does that, but with a 25% chance for the min to be absolute min, and a 25% chance for the max to be absolute max. So I'm seeing more superstars with one or two attributes kind-of low, and more roster fillers with one or two attributes kind-of high. This hopefully means we'll see more sleepers, busts, and role players in the draft.

- The talent pool distribution issue is the biggest one to tackle. On the Create Draft screen, I'm replacing the Overall Distribution sliders with Position Distribution sliders instead. So you can adjust the percentage of QBs, WRs, CBs, etc. that will be created. This way you can make a draft that's relatively heavy on DBs if you want, like this last real NFL draft was. Additionally, you can adjust the Overall distributions for each position group individually using the same sliders as before. So your draft can consist of 4.5% QBs, and among those QBs, 53% can be Roster Filler, 12% can be Decent Backups, and 1% can be Rare Superstars, or however you want to set it up. One problem with this is, depending on the specific percentages, it might determine that it needs to create 0.148 Rare Superstar QBs. Obviously there's no such thing as 14% of one player, so in those cases I'm forcing it to create at least one player. But that has the side effect of possibly creating more than 1000 players. So I think I'll just continue letting it do this, then have it remove random excess players afterwards until there's only 1000 left (or however many you told it to create).

Planning to release the next version having these fixes in the next week or so.
Binary_Digit is offline   Reply With Quote