View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 12:21 PM   #3208
muns
Pro Starter

The only thing I would add to Murrayyy's explanation of Prestige would be this

Prestige is based on a 10 year scale of performance. So for example you just had a decent season and are expecting your prestige to be bumped up because you won. If for some reason your Prestige did not go up it would be because any gains for the season were likely lost by the game removing a previously good season from consideration. That make sense?

The deeper tourney runs you can have and be consistent with runs, the more your prestige will get bumped in a bigger way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
Yep those are the rosters (assuming my fix to the Villanova bug or Brian's fix works).

prestige... It's sort of like a informal ranking that game uses for scheduling, recruiting, picking your rosters talent initially, etc... I took the entire 1950's and ranked the teams based off final rankings to give us starting numbers to get things started like it should have been in the 50's. I then tried to level them off just like the initial league file so there were X% of teams between 100-90 and Y between 90-80 and so on.

Wins and losses determine if your prestige goes up or down. So in theory, you take Kentucky and lose with them 3 straight seasons their number drops like a rock. But it doesn't drop so hard that a school like Brooklyn starting at 10 can dominate them. The more you win, the easier recruiting is...just like life.

I'm sure someone can give a better answer but that's the quick version from work.

Another league I'm in started with USC around 60 and I now have them at 100 but they've made 4 out of 6 final fours. I took a team that's starting out and 0 and they are now in the mid 30's and that took 9 season.

Last edited by muns : 04-20-2015 at 12:23 PM.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote