View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 03:21 AM   #3227
nol
Banned

It would depend on the particulars because of how off the scouting report can be.

Things that would make me go with the SF:

His interest is very high and the point guard's is average. At the mid-major level especially, I find consistently picking up solid players to be huge (especially if the current AD expectations are reasonable) because even the top schools in your conference can and will botch a year of recruiting.

He's a much better 3-point shooter than the other recruit and your current PGs. Extra bonus points if the potential for both 3s and inside is B or higher.

If the PG's highest ratings are in free throws, passing, and handling. Those guys' color ratings always seem better than their on-court performance. Also I'm very skeptical of anyone getting an A or B potential in perimeter defense whose current rating is less than 5/10.

Also, what will likely happen this season is that one of the PGs will be listed as an SG if you start both players. This will make the position look even thinner to recruits, which may make it possible to grab an even better PG next year.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote