View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 08:20 PM   #3250
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I don't think I have that anymore, though it woudl be fairly easy to re-create if i could find the formula I was using.

I've occasionally written a few things here and there that just iterate through the game's HTML and run some calculations. The one murrayyyy was talking about was to look through all the games played in a specific time frame and calculate some kind of score (something sort of similar to the old Bill James "game score" for pitchers) for the quality of the performance and would generate a list of the top 10 individual performances among all players and another list of the top 10 performances among teams run by human coaches (since it was an online league).

This kind of thing has the very early beginnings to have the potential to be turned into some kind of awesome history stored in a database similar to the awesome things they do over in the FOBL and FOFL for FOF/OOTP for an online league.

Another thing I fucked around with was some advanced metrics: Team Advanced Stats.

If only I weren't so lazy. I'm never particularly happy with my parsing code, and have never taken the time to automate things or enhance things, blah blah blah

Wild guess since it's been a long time is that it was Hollinger's formula:
PTS + 0.4 * FG - 0.7 * FGA - 0.4*(FTA - FT) + 0.7 * ORB + 0.3 * DRB + STL + 0.7 * AST + 0.7 * BLK - 0.4 * PF - TOV.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote