View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 02:26 AM   #11
Izulde
Head Coach

Basingstoke becomes the second BSS team to find new owners this season.

We sign 22 year old AMC/ST Jordan Johnson, who represents a massive upgrade over Troy Ferguson. How big? Ferguson is 0.5* at AMC - Johnson is 2* right now. This might be the one signing we need to get us over the hump.

We're heavy favorites against Sutton United, even though they beat us in our first match against them.

Sutton United
GK Jack Turner
DL Jordaan Brown
DC Nathan Drage
DC Sam Page
DR Lewis Ferrell
DMC Will Bor
ML Wayne Young
MR Nathan Smart
AMC Jordan Johnson
ST Luis Cumbers
ST Tony Garrod

10' - Brown arcs the corner and Page nods it on to Garrod, who finishes it off with a header that beats out the defender, and just like that we've got a lead. 1-0

13' - Great sequence and goal disallowed after Garrod's declared offside. Boo.

17' - Ugh. Brown gets beat out and just like that, it's a tie game. Fucking typical. 1-1

Yellows for Ferrell and Bor before the half. Young has sucked the big one, so he's replaced by Worsfold at the half, and an exhausted Brown subs out for Beckett.

53' - Yellows for Smart and Johnson. This ref is a real assfarmer.

70' - Great pass from Bor to Smart, who runs in space but can't make the pass to set up the easy shot. Then they narrowly miss on the other end in a counter.

81' - Fantastic free kick strike by Ferrell and we've got the lead!!! Now hold it, you bastards!!! 2-1

85' - Narrow miss on a long shot by Sutton United.

89' - At first I get excited, thinking we have a PK, but no, it's Garrod with a yellow.

90' - FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK!!!! THEY SCORE ON A FUCKING CORNER! FUCK YOU, FM! 2-2

Such unbelievable bullshit. OMG I'm so fucking pissed right now.

7.9 for Man of the Match Tony Garrod and 7.3 for Lewis Ferrell. Ugh. Still, we got a point and yeah. Guess I should be nice in the full-time talk.

Wayne Young is butthurt when I point out he hasn't done the best for us so far. Get over it, kid.

The midfield version of Louis Rae-Beadle wants PT. That's cool. Take a hike, kid.

Truro
GK Jack Turner
DL Jordaan Brown
DC Nathan Drage
DC Sam Page
DR Lewis Ferrell
DMC Will Bor
ML Max Worsfold
MR Marcus Moody
AMC Scott Taylor
ST Luis Cumbers
ST Tony Garrod

1' - A mistimed tackle by Page gives them an easy shot on goal. Sigh. 0-1

5' - Getting ugly fast. 0-2

9' - Another fucking goal, but this one's disallowed at least.

Yeah, everyone is just terrible all half long. Mario Quiassaca on for Garrod at the half, Beckett in for Brown.

It's completely garbage in the second half, with no noteworthy highlights.

7.1 for Jack Turner, but yeah, awful all around.

Why the hell do journalists keep telling me this a weak lineup and I'm not playing key players? I've gotten that twice now in a row and I don't understand it.

WTF? My staff says to dump Matt Drage for poor play, but he has a 6.8 average rating. The same for Will Bor, whose 6.66 rating isn't awful by any means.

I don't get this game at all. I really don't.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote