View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 06:06 PM   #44
Izulde
Head Coach

Max Crocombe earns Team of the Week honors.

@Gateshead (4th)
GK Max Crocombe
DL Stevland Angus
DC Samuel Bangura
DC Andrew Burns
DR Izak Reid
DM Aaron Wickham
DM Brett Solkhon
ML Dale Binns
MR Courtney Harris
ST Nabil Guedioura
ST Ashley Yeoman

I'm just going to enjoy this fabulous run for as long as it lasts. Every game I see a loss, but we somehow manage to find our way through.

6 - Knock for Reid.

8 - They score on a corner. 0-1

20 - Yellow for Wickham

27 - Can't believe that didn't go in for them.

35 - Now Binns gets knocked.

Solkhon slides to DR and Dixon comes on. Taaffe pops in at MR. I'm not really seeing a way for us to come back because we haven't been playing well, are injury-riddled, and playing low men on the depth chart.

66 - Bangura's sent off with injury and I'm forced to end Sanchez's rest day.

We get a couple more shots, but nothing comes of it. Not upset about the loss, though. 7.8 and 7.2 for Burns and Angus in the back. We just didn't have any luck tonight.

Izak Reid is out 5 to 6 weeks and Dale Binns is out 2 weeks. We've got the resources to cover those guys, kind of.

Now this is interesting. Bromley want Liam Priestley on a 5 month loan and they're willing to pay all of his salary. That's actually a pretty good deal, so I'll accept it, on condition that I'm allowed to recall him in case of injury.

Gareth Lee and Jack Jeffery both go on a season loan to Leamington, our feeder team.

Bromley's not willing to consider a recall. But considering I'm bringing in another GK prospect, it's fine and so Priestley is off to Bromley.

vs Altrincham (19th)
GK Max Crocombe
DL Tom Sharpe
DC Samuel Bangura
DC Sergio Sanchez
DR Andrew Burns
DM Taylor Parmenter
DM Ryan Woodford
ML Callum McNish
MR Courtney Harris
ST Gianluca Gracco
ST Elvis Hammond

This is a win we need if we want to be sure of staying up. Altrincham got promoted the first year in this universe via playoffs and managed to stay up last season.

Nobody can anything on target, and Gracco gets knocked just before the half. He'll come off in favor of Guedioura, and Burns will be replaced by Solkhon.

48 - Ugh. 0-1

54 - I'm tired of watching Harris's fuckups, and pull him for Taaffe.

60 - That was pretty neat. Woodford tackles an Altrincham guy who is dribbling out a corner and punts it into the goal. 1-1

79 - Guedouria centers it for Parmenter, who passes it into the box for Hammond. Our Ghanaian striker/scout dribbles with the defender on him until he finds the spot he likes, and *BAM*! 2-1

Courtney Harris's 5.9 was lousy as you can guess, but everyone else is close to 7 or better (a 6.9 and 6.8 in there). 7.7 for MoM Taylor Parmenter and 7.6 for Ryan Woodford.

We're now in 2nd place, TROLOLOLOL! Of course, Gianluca Gracco being out a week isn't going to help, but we'll make do.

Shane Fagan, a 19 year old Irish goalkeeping prospect, signs a two year contract for $2.1k, so we're quite fine to let Liam Priestley go on loan to Bromley. We also sign 18 year old striker prospect [b]De'Jaune Taylor-Crossdale on a two year, $2.4k per contract.

It's all about finding those raw gems and getting them cheap to polish them up.

Cool. CoolCoolCool.

vs Braintree (14th)
GK Max Crocombe
DL Leon Clowes
DC Tom Sharpe
DC Sergio Sanchez
DR Andrew Burns
DM Taylor Parmenter
DM Ryan Woodford
ML Callum McNish
MR Courtney Harris
ST Gianluca Gracco
ST Ashley Yeoman

Dull first half. Gracco looks like he came back too early, so Guedioura takes his spot at the break. McNish has sucked, so I slide Harris over and plug in Taaffe.

71 - Bangura in for the drained Clowes.

Well, our backline and D-midfielders played great, all posting 7+ ratings. It's on the wings and up front where we were point blank bad. Not going to tear into them, though. It was a cold, foggy day.

Impressive Trains
Ashley Yeoman
Sergio Sanchez
Elliott James

Bad Trains
Elvis Hammond
Brad Varney

I finish second in BS Premier Manager of the Month voting to Exeter's guy, which is totally fair, considering they haven't lost a single game yet. (Still just a point behind them because of all their draws, however).

Transfer Deadline
We get super busy on this, working the loan and transfer lines, and at the end of the day we have:

MLR Tambeson Eyong (24 - 3 month loan from Wealdstone)
A depth pickup, strictly speaking. Probably won't see much, if any time at all once our guys are back from injury.

DM Seanan Clucas (21 - Season long loan from Bristol Rovers)
Genuinely excited about this kid. He's better than Woodford by my scouts, albeit only slightly so. So he's someone who gives us a pretty nice upgrade at what is the hardest position to find people for.

DC Jordan Smith (18 - Free transfer)
I originally wasn't going to buy anyone, but Smith was a $3.1k/year for 2 years deal and his 18 Natural Fitness jumped out at me, as did his upside. Will probably spend time with the Reserves to build up his game.

Shit, there was one more player I wanted to loan in, but I couldn't get it to revert back to the screen fast enough. Oh well.

[b]@Wrexham (13th)
GK Max Crocombe
DL Stevland Angus
DC Tom Sharpe
DC Sergio Sanchez
DR Samuel Bangura
DM Aaron Wickham
DM Seanan Clucas
ML Callum McNish
MR Courtney Harris
ST Gianluca Gracco
ST Lewis Taaffe

Let's see how this goes. They're favored, because they're underachieving and everyone rightfully thinks of us as a paper tiger.

Another dull first half, but we'll take it, all things considered.

48 - Bangura exchanges passes with Harris, and, upon receiving it in the box, floats it to the side where Gracco cheerfully picks it up and bangs it home. 1-0

58 - Three straight corners we fend off.

63 - Precision strike. Nothing to do about that one. 1-1 Eyong and Guedioura on for Harris and Taaffe.

81 - 1-2

84 - Yellow for Gracco.

This one was all on our backline, save for Bangura, who won MoM with his 7.8 rating. 5.9s for Sanchez and Sharpe just aren't going to cut it.

With the loss we drop from 2nd all the way down to 8th. Because there's 24 teams, it's a 46 game season. Through 7, we have 13 points, with 5 points the drop zone.

Gainsborough, who *barely* avoided the drop last year (20th) after promoting in the first season, has lost all of its first seven games and have 0 points.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote